For the best Public Sector finance roles
Our Public Sector team enjoys access to a wide range of opportunities in all areas of public service. From audit, project management and information systems work to procurement and contract management, pure finance roles to policy and strategy implementation, we have them all.
And, with positions often offered on a temporary or short-term contract basis, newcomers can assess the attractions of the public sector before making a full-time commitment.
Talk to the specialists about your next move.
1 jobs in UK
An urgent requirment for an Interim Chief Accountant to cover a period of around 6 months and manage the closure of accounts.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of the annual statement of accounts
- Providing a key link and relationship with the organisations' bankers
- Lead onf treasury management and cash flow activities
- Lead of VAT and tax functions and HMRC returns
- Budget monitoring
- Monitoring and reporting of grant funding expenditure
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must be a fully qualified (CCAB) accountant with experience of public sector accounting, specifically local goverment.
Other requirements include:
- Good understanding of CIPFA accounting regulations
- Track record of securing efficient and effective delivery of services
- Experience of successfully leading teams
- Good understanding of Agresso Financial systems