The best connections in financial services
A sector where rewards are often directly related to individual achievement, the skills you acquire in the financial services industry have wide application elsewhere. Indeed, they are particularly sought after in the corporate finance departments of major companies, in consultancy and, increasingly, in government.
And the good news is, REED can put you in touch with employers across all of these sectors as well as in the more traditional areas of banking, investment management and insurance.
3 jobs in UK
Our client are recruiting for a Financial Controls Manager to take on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will manage the financial controls within the finance department including the maintencance of risk reporting and design and assurance of key controls operating within the function.
So you will;
Assure the application of key controls
Embed a qualative assurance framework
Manage and facilitate the risk and control assessment process
Support the preparation of statutory accounts, regulatory and tax returns
Design, test and implement improvements to balance sheet reconciliations and lead schedules
The ideal candidate will be a passed finalist, newly or fully qualified with an excellent knowledge of a wide range of finance processes to allow for a challenging approach.
Previous experience of risk based activities is an advantage
Experience of statutory and regulatory reporting requirements are essential, as is experience of a financial controls environment.
You also must have comprehensive market, financial risk and business awareness
Previous working within Financial Services is desirable
The position is located in Swindon. Please apply now.
• Responsible for reporting Financial and Management information for the legal entity and for preparation of service packs for the portfolios the service administers.
• Provide month end reporting packs to Group Finance for the loan portfolios, providing insight and solutions to queries and challenges raised.
• Maintaining financial ledgers and / or accounting processes across all related activities in an effective and efficient manner.
• Responsible for accounting functions, inclusive of group accounting functions together.
• Coordination with external auditors to meet prepared by client audit requirements.
• Project work including developing controls and processes in line with the group standards
• Utilise effectively the group operating model promoting and transferring appropriate and relevant processes to the SSC to realise benefits and drive forward group standardisation of processes
• Responsibilities cover a number of legal entitles within the group.
• Document and annually update all relevant policies and procedures
• Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training
This role will play a key part in supporting the delivery of the Group’s long term Cost Management Strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring that your activity is optimised, in a controlled environment, to deliver the critical elements of quality (accuracy), commerciality and timeliness whilst balancing the needs of potentially conflicting stakeholders. Including, but not limited to:
a. Supporting key stakeholders in the Customer Services Divisions in understanding and managing their cost performance including supporting the preparation of forecasts and budgets (including Capex).
b. Challenging the business in relation to the accuracy of their forecasts and budgets and of the explanations (to the Board and Committees) of variances. This includes responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the outputs to ensure that the business can rely on the numbers and be confident in delivering against them.
c. Tracking of monthly benefits as a result of efficiencies identified by SLT Sponsors in the Division.
d. Supporting the review of investment appraisals submitted by the Customer Division, ensuring that they are robust, accurate and adequately challenged.
e. Performing deep dive analyses for any identified future risks to the cost base for the business areas you support, recommending any mitigating actions.
f. Validating Resource requests.
g. Monitoring the realisation of investment and project benefits in line with approved business cases.
h. Supporting the Cost & Investment Manager and others in ad hoc costs analyses and cost control initiatives.
You will be liaising with all areas of the Customer Services Division and at all levels. You will need to submit analysis, documentation and presentational material to senior management and executive committees, to the required standards, providing evaluation and insight.
If you are organised, focussed, flexible, enthusiastic and able to work with minimal direction you might be the ideal candidate for this role.