The best connections in financial services
A sector where rewards are often directly related to individual achievement, the skills you acquire in the financial services industry have wide application elsewhere. Indeed, they are particularly sought after in the corporate finance departments of major companies, in consultancy and, increasingly, in government.
And the good news is, REED can put you in touch with employers across all of these sectors as well as in the more traditional areas of banking, investment management and insurance.
4 jobs in UK
Based in the heart of Mayfair, this will be a fantastic opportunity to learn from an inspirational entrepreneur and be part of continual growth.
Skills that are required:
- MUST be fully qualified ACA
- Have good modelling skills (cash flow)
- Have a good understanding or corporate credit and risk analysis
- Good written and verbal communication
- Well presented as will be client facing
•Preparation of regulatory returns to the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Bank of England (BoE) on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis including COREP returns
•Review of regulatory returns prepared offshore
•Maintain up to date and detailed understanding of regulatory reporting requirements
•Maintain and update regulatory reporting policies and procedures
•Technical input into capital adequacy projections
•Provide advice on the treatment of products and transactions for regulatory purposes
•Build effective relationships with other teams (Treasury and Risk) and with Supervisory Team at PRA
•Support the project work relating to regulatory developments
•Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training
I am working with a Swindon based Financial Services company that have an ever changing working environment to appoint a Financial Accountant who would thrive within this type of company and enjoy change.
The crux of this role is to support the Finance Manager in month end reporting and the completion of Statutory and Regulatory reporting working within a large team.
• Assist in ensuring the month end reporting process is completed within agreed deadlines
• Prepare allocated Regulatory Returns and Financial Statements
• Complete balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation and posting of journals to the General Ledger
• Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
• Quarterly VAT reporting
• Play an active role in ad-hoc project work
You will be on the upward trajectory, a passed finalist or a newly qualified Accountant preferably with ACCA or ACA.
A strong communicator, possessing excellent organisational skills and the ability to cope with fluctuating work volumes is key to the success in securing this position with one of the largest financial services companies in the world.
Financial Services experience would be advantageous but by no means essential.
The role could suit someone newly qualified and seeking to make their mark out of practice and into commerce for the first time.
In terms of location, within walking distance from Swindon train station and well served by various car parks.
• Perform Accounting Control reviews of processes, identifying control gaps and weaknesses which expose the company to risk
• The ability to assess the integrity of reconciliations/financial control to detect failures, control gaps and financial risk. Redesign/rebuild control models when necessary to mitigate weaknesses.
• Proactive management of their control framework on ledgers and IPA’s across the company in line with the AORP policy.
• Ensure daily review of Financial Controls across the company including ledgers/IPA/interplatforms and Accumulators
• Review all accounts daily for OK/KO status. Work with our operational areas to ensure all KO accounts have a robust plan in place to achieve OK status within agreed timescales.
• Support and operationalise accounting changes, definition of clearance activities and impact assessments
• Where possible look for opportunities to automate reconciliations and work with the operational areas to make this happen.
• Act as an SME for the Reconciliation Model/system (TLM), facilitating change and being involved in incident remediation.
• Encourage a culture of identifying risk, control mitigation and process improvement across all operational areas & your off-shore colleagues.
• Highlight where control gaps have the potential to cause financial loss, re-work, SLA breach, customer complaints, or cause processes to fail entirely.
• Identify internal accounts and assess transactions to identify if the account is being used correctly.
• Work with the operational areas to understand the effectiveness of accounting and financial controls and their relationship to the Operational Process
• Make recommendations as to changes to process which will remove or mitigate risk
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies to be created, through removal of non-value added activity.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, whilst influencing and challenging at all levels.
• Create and understand meaningful data to validate assumptions and make the case for change
• Pro-active management of action plans to ensure changes are implemented
• Design and embed new controls and processes, establishing a culture of Control and risk management
• Prepare for and present to senior committees showing business position, opportunities for improvements and action plans.
• The ability to design, create and interpret MI for all relevant stakeholders.
• Ensuring relevant and valid information is reported with clear action plans