The best connections in financial services
A sector where rewards are often directly related to individual achievement, the skills you acquire in the financial services industry have wide application elsewhere. Indeed, they are particularly sought after in the corporate finance departments of major companies, in consultancy and, increasingly, in government.
And the good news is, REED can put you in touch with employers across all of these sectors as well as in the more traditional areas of banking, investment management and insurance.
4 jobs in UK
Your duties will include;
- Primary contact for clients with daily contact and regular in-person client meetings
- Take ownership of portfolios of clients and customer relationships, implement policies, procedures and checklists
- Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
- Oversee preparation of management accounts both at asset and fund level
- Preparation of consolidations
- Bank debt covenant reporting
- Production of quarterly NAVS, Investor Tax, CIS and VAT reporting
- Responsible for planning, monitoring deadlines and coaching and developing junior staff
- Planning for year end audit
- Preparation of statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS or UK GAAP
- Manage a team of 6-7
A large Norwich based business are looking for a high calibre accountant to join them in a newly created role.
The key purpose of the role will be to provide technical support and reports to the Financial Director and to undertake all work activities in accordance with Company procedures and systems. Key responsibilities will also include; assisting with acquisitions due diligence; assisting with acquired company integration post-acquisition, preparation for, and running, of the companies annual audit, liaison with auditors and completion of annual UK GAAP financial statements, corporate tax affairs, annual budget preparation and performance against budget analysis.
The ideal candidate will be a practice trained accountant keen to gain exposure within a commercial organisation. There is a succession plan in place for the successful candidate and unlimited opportunities to progress.
Please contact Richard Newcombe at Reed Finance for more information.
Our client are recruiting for a Financial Controls Manager to take on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will manage the financial controls within the finance department including the maintencance of risk reporting and design and assurance of key controls operating within the function.
So you will;
Assure the application of key controls
Embed a qualative assurance framework
Manage and facilitate the risk and control assessment process
Support the preparation of statutory accounts, regulatory and tax returns
Design, test and implement improvements to balance sheet reconciliations and lead schedules
The ideal candidate will be a passed finalist, newly or fully qualified with an excellent knowledge of a wide range of finance processes to allow for a challenging approach.
Previous experience of risk based activities is an advantage
Experience of statutory and regulatory reporting requirements are essential, as is experience of a financial controls environment.
You also must have comprehensive market, financial risk and business awareness
Previous working within Financial Services is desirable
The position is located in Swindon. Please apply now.
Main purpose of role
Provide direct support, understanding of financial metrics, KPIs and business plan to
Director of Finance, and CFO of Old Mutual Wealth.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role
- Understand, support and, where necessary, challenge all business units within the client.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships within the business, supporting them in the
understanding of their finances, and finance impacts of actions.
- Support the Managed Separation process and relevant workstreams, including panfunctional co-ordination, production of MI, pro-formas and projections were relevant
and leading on specific key areas of the separation process.
- Support the annual business plan and monthly forecasts for the client,
including pan-functional co-ordination, ensuring the process and strategy are
developed to meet requirements.
- Provision of financial management information such as monthly business review packs, Board reports and Exco papers, and monthly NCCF reports. This activity is likely to include pan-functional co-ordination.
- Provide benchmarking and peer analysis to contextualise actual and planned
- Review, challenge and improve reporting across the group.
- Analyse,monitor, understand and predict the impact of key variables on the financial metrics
of the business.
- Management of relationships with key group functions, such as Investor Relations and the business unit finance teams.
- Provision of ad hoc management information.
- Provision of external reporting for the Annual report, prelim and interim external
- Support Head of Planning and Analysis in driving the development of management