Your Senior & Executive Oil & Gas Specialist
Reed Expro is a division of REED dedicated to solving technical and managerial staffing issues within the Upstream Exploration and Production sector of the oil and gas industry.
Managed by a Petroleum Geologist who spent close to a decade on E&P operations across Europe and Africa, our understanding of the upstream industry is unrivalled within the recruitment sector.
We cover all technical aspects of the industry including Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Operations, Project Controls, and Management.
4 jobs in UK
The job spec is detailed and varied and encompasses -
- Ensuring allignment with overall Procurement and Supply Chain Management Strategy
- Attend the required business meetings to understand all additional cost saving opportunities
- Demand analysis and developing of local sourcing plans
- Tracking and reporting of benefits derived from market sector strategy implementation
- Directing and reviewing the sourcing strategies, tools and methodologies
They can reward you generously with a good base salary up £53k plus bonus plus generous flexible benefits plus 25 days holidays per year. You will be working within a team of successful global procurement specialists and you will have real career progression opportunities.
Our client, a leading supplier within the Oil & Gas industry are seeking a temporary member of staff to work in their Gas Operations Team.
You will be part of a 24 hour shift team responsible for the day to day operational management of gas activities in UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Holland, Poland, Ireland, Belgium, Italy and a power station in Spain that has strong links with Norway. These activities include purchasing entry/exit capacity, nomination and matching of equity gas production, LNG plant in UK and Holland, interconnections between the above countries, trading hubs, storage facilities and transportation contracts. Provides services to other gas operations team across Europe. Outside of business hours operator will trade on gas exchanges in order to balance the portfolio or in accordance with trader steers to mitigate financial penalties or optimise the portfolio.
The business is subject to change throughout the day on an hourly basis and the operators monitor the portfolio and must react to these changes as they occur as these changes can generate price opportunities or exposures. The team liaise with upstream operators, gas reception terminals, storage and pipeline operators, capacity platform operator and numerous trading counter parties.
Gas balancing, and compliance with contractual and shipper licence obligations.
Purchase of various daily, weekly, monthly or annual capacity products at multiple points either independently or under commercial instructions.
Nomination and scheduling of equity supplies, trading hubs, storage withdrawal and injection, Dragon and GATE LNG and pipeline transportation nominations in accordance with trading systems and C/P’s requests.
Optimization of gas balances and entry capacity holdings and the avoidance or mitigation of commodity and capacity penalties.
Out of normal business hours transact on gas exchanges or OTC to balance supply/demand changes or under trader steers on optimising the portfolio.
Highly proficient in internal and external applications and associated processes
Shift comprises 14 individuals divided into two teams of seven both working a 24/7 shift pattern which includes 12 hour shifts and normal business hours
Nomination of over 40 equity fields in the UK, gas terminals, LNG plants, over 30 interconnectors, 17 storage sites and a power station in Spain.
Use of specific applications for gas balancing and nominations, web browsers for capacity and commodity management and booking, and trading systems.
Nominations to transporters across UK, France, Germany, Denmark, Holland, Poland, Ireland, Belgium, Italy with an annual throughput of some 130 Bcm and scheduling some 10,000 trades per day across Europe with some 200 trading counter parties.
Experience & qualifications required:
- Self starter, able to multi task and work alone without supervision.
- Commercially aware and able to make rapid and accurate decisions.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict time critical deadlines.
- Experience of the upstream and downstream gas infrastructure, trading and operational applications an advantage but not essential
Do NOT apply for this role unless you have the relevant experience & skills required.
Location: London with flexibility
My head said "take your chance"
My heart said "make a difference"
With 95,000 residents and 48,000 properties, it takes some smart thinking to run an organisation like Hyde. That's why they're always on the look-out for talented people with the expertise to help them thrive. It's a challenge that allows you to use your head but stay true to your heart.
What the team does:
• Provide an exemplar, first class, customer-focused, value for money service for Gas and other Mechanical / Electrical services including Alternative Technologies, working closely with the wider Property Services Team.
• Ensure fit-for-purpose processes are in place to accurately monitor and manage Hyde’s Gas safety compliance rates.
• Manage the gas investment, servicing and repair service ensuring legislative compliance and effective service delivery.
Main purpose of the role:
• You will be a seasoned Gas manager having worked in a social housing situation with demonstrable people management experience.
• You will manage, develop and motivate staff to deliver high performing, value for money services which are responsive to residents in line with the Service Promise. You will also manage direct contractual relationships with service providers in line with agreed contracts.
• You will Research and provide expert advice on gas and other related technologies to ensure Hyde optimises its policies and processes in these areas.
• You will Monitor and oversee contracts, manage contractors in line with contractual obligations achieving cost savings and excellent customer service.
Essential skills and requirements:
• You will be a strategic thinker providing expert advice and recommendations on complex and business issues.
• You will be an excellent communicator with exceptional networking and report writing skills, be proficient in word, excel and outlook and be able to analyse data and report accordingly with great attention to detail.
• Relevant Gas Qualification needed.
Hyde offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits using our flexible benefits scheme (iFlex), which includes options around Childcare, Lease Car, Gym Membership, Eye care, and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a number of substantial Core benefits including an impressive Pension Scheme.
My client, a successful company based in Redhill are looking for a Data & Portfolio Analyst to join their economics department.
You will be responsible for data integrity, portfolio changes and analysis.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills and experience;
*Data Integrity experience
*Daily reporting via Access & Excel
f you feel this is the perfect role for you and would like to know more, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org