global recruitment specialists
Operations Manager Job Description
Wondering what a Operations Manager does? Read our example job descriptions.
Overview/ summary of the role
An Operations Manager will make sure there is smooth running of the production of goods and services the business provides. The operations manager is responsible for improving the performance, efficiency and profitability of business operations through effective strategies. It is the job of the Operations Manager to make sure the business is running at its highest efficiency level at all times, meeting the expectations and needs of customers and clients. An Operations Manager needs strong leadership and problem solving skills to lead a team of people through small and large projects.
- Overseeing daily operations
- Make sure the machinery is up to date and working to its full potential so clients and customers receive products of the best possible standard.
- Making optimum use of resources
- Preparing budgets and inventory
- Planning new jobs and implementing them within the budget
- Setting goals and objectives for a variety of departments within the organisation
- Making sure health and safety policies are put into practice at all time
- Training staff and reviewing staff performance
- Managing stock and making sure orders are placed with suppliers.
- IT Skills
- Relevant industry experience
- Degree in Business, finance or any other relevant subject
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and time management skills
After gaining experience working within the role of Operations Manager, building on pre-existing skills and making connections in and out of the office the career progression of an operations manager may be a job role of:
- Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Operations Manager for a larger more prestige firm