Your Senior & Executive Actuarial Specialist
There's no margin for error in actuarial recruitment. Here, more than anywhere, the expertise of your recruitment consultant is critical to ensuring your next career move is spot on. Talk to Reed Actuarial and you'll be talking to highly skilled, friendly consultants who work solely in the actuarial field.
From reserving and pricing to consulting and modeling, financial and statutory reporting to product development, we fulfill career aspirations with some of the biggest names in the sector.
56 jobs in UK
This is a chance to lead and manage the delivery of pricing across commercial lines. The successful candidate will have experience working with pricing within a General Insurance capacity. A commercial outlook and knowledge of the wider market is also desirable. The role will also entail the management of a team of analysts so experience of managing/mentoring is essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply below or email a CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
This is a brand new contract opportunity for Prophet experts.
Our client, a major life insurer within the UK, is currently looking for a Prophet developer to take on a contract role within their actuarial function. You will be Responsible for delivering and managing changes to the Actuarial models (mainly Prophet, including Prophet ALS) and related applications, and ensuring these are suitable and available on time for the actuarial team to use. This includes managing the Prophet Development work and the release process.
The successful candidate will come from a strong background of working with Prophet on the developing side.
If you are interested in this opportunity then don’t hesitate to get in touch, either apply below or send a CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com.
This global consultancy are looking for an Assistant Actuarial Analyst to support their insurance consultancy function in Essex
- Delivering technical actuarial support both internally, and to external clients
- Reviewing system specifications and test calculation functionality
- Ensuring that non-workflow calculation processes are in place (e.g. develop spreadsheets etc.)
- Lead projects whether sponsored by the department or other areas of the company, as required, e.g. calculation changes driven by client or legislative requirements
- BSc in a mathematical or financial subject
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Programming experience (VB/VBA)
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Prior experience working in insurance/pensions
- Motivated team player
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Performing actuarial and pension related calculations, including review of income limits, policy reviews and transfer analysis, benefit projections
Maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
Develop technical actuarial analytical skills and aim to qualify as a Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA)
Develop technical knowledge of the UK pensions framework, pension products, HMRC rules, regulation and legislation and keep up to date with changes
Drafting client letters and reports, attendance at client meetings when required
This is an exciting chance to support management of financial risk throughout the company, first and foremost by providing assurance over capital model calculations/projections. This role reports in to the Capital Risk Manager and focuses on validation of the capital model. You will also be working as part of the wider Risk function as part of the role.
The successful candidate will have at least three years’ experience within a model validation, capital or risk role.
If you are interested in this opportunity then don’t hesitate to get in touch. Please apply below or email your CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
A leading global consulting firm are looking for a qualified reserving actuary in London. The ideal candidate will be lead the engagement team across the company's core propositions, namely: reserving; capital; and pricing projects.
- Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Providing a high quality advisory service to their clients
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients
- Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
- Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
- A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
Qualifications & Skills
- The successful candidate is expected to have experience of working in a non-life Actuarial function and be a qualified actuary
- Experience in reserving a key requirement, but some knowledge in pricing and capital would also be beneficial
- The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions
- The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
- Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
- Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
- Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
- Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
- Consulting experience
- Market exposure
My client, a leading consultancy, provides a broad range of Actuarial services, including transactions support, capital management, modelling, Solvency II, IFRS, finance transformation, financial reporting, restructuring, reserving and audit support.
They are looking for a Part Qualified Actuary, with 3+ years post-graduate experience within an actuarial function, ideally with a background in economic capital/capital modelling/consultancy. Candidates should be making good progress through the actuarial exams and ready to take on more client responsilibity in their daily role.
Full study support and benefits package offered.
One of the Big 4 consultancy firms are looking for an experienced qualified actuary for a senior consutancy role in London, UK
What will you do?
- Develop and manage external client relationships through direct business
- lead the client engagement team
- provide high quality advisory to clients
- win new business through marketing and sales activity
What do you need?
- qualifiednon-life actuary
- strong technical and communication skills
- strong project and people management skills
- advanced excel skills
- knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers
- knowledge of UK reporting methodologies e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA returns
- broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
- background in either of the following disciplines: modelling (igloo/remetrica),
programming (vba/.Net), Lloyd's market.
Role & Responsibilities
Leading / supporting the delivery of client engagements across the insurance sector
Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients around areas of specialism
Building and maintaining excellent client relationships, typically at Senior Risk and Head of Risk level
Supporting business development initiatives and being an integral part of winning new business
Marketing and raising the profile of the company in the market place through networking events, attendance at external conferences, contributing to publications conferences etc
Within the role as a Commercial Analyst you will be providing commercial support for the operating team with increasing responsibility. The successful candidate will be supporting the CEO and aiding the delivery of effective sourcing/management of treatment providers e.g. hospitals, clinics etc. Typical responsibilities include strategy & planning, MI & analysis, and understanding and complying with all relevant rules, regulations and legislation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong experience in analysis, and data modelling, combined with a background in supply chains or the healthcare sector. An understanding of the health insurance market and management of hospital service providers will be essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join the team as a Commercial Analyst then don’t hesitate to get in touch. Please apply below or email your CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
An internationally recognised organisation have an exciting opportunity for a GI Actuary in their Insurance and Investments team.
My client, based in Central London, are looking for a qualified GI actuary that is immediately available for a three month contract. The role is predominantly focused across Capital, Risk, Pricing and Reserving. This is a great opportunity to work on exciting projects with a broad and diverse portfolio of clients.
The ideal candidate will be qualified and have extensive General Insurance experience covering either Capital, Pricing or Reserving.
If you are interested in this contract opportunity then don’t hesitate to get in touch. Please apply below or email your CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
This is a brand new opportunity in Central London. The candidate will become an integral member of a growing team, providing support to the actuaries on all aspects of pensions advice whilst completing tasks to a consistently high standard.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of actuarial techniques, with experience of valuations and data analysis.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please don’t hesitate to apply below or send your CV to: Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
You will be providing support to the actuaries on all aspects of pensions advice whilst completing tasks to a consistently high standard.
The ideal candidate will have experience of carrying out actuarial pension calculations in a consultancy environment and be making good progress with their actuarial examinations.
If this opportunity is of interest to you then please apply below or email your CV to: Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
They are looking for a highly technical, focussed and driven individual who is interested in pursuing a career in the field of catastrophe modelling and reinsurance analytics.
There will be two main aspects to the position:
The first is working in close collaboration with the underwriting team, providing analytical input, sharing detailed knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of the catastrophe models and advising on all aspects of the technical pricing associated with reinsurance contracts. This will also include helping to build the company's total portfolio and analysing the risk and return characteristics associated with it.
The second aspect will be focussed on technical project work and systems development. This will involve developing or deploying programming skills and / or a demonstrated command of maths, statistics, probability and advanced analytical techniques, as well as an ability to critically evaluate data to determine the suitability of a given model.
The client is an international specialist insurer, underwriting a broad and diverse range of personal and commercial insurance risks. They are looking to take someone on as part of their Risk and Actuarial function. The team is looking for a validation analyst, reporting directly in to the Risk Actuary. This role is unique in the fact that the successful candidate will gain exposure to all key business areas, with a focus on Lloyds syndicates.
Experience with capital or risk modelling from an actuarial background is essential, gained within an insurance company or consultancy. The successful candidate will understand the concepts of risk and quantification techniques and be progressing with their actuarial exams.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply below or email a CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
A Senior Pricing Analyst position has become available within the Household team at my client, a leading General Insurance provider. You will be joining the brand new street pricing team and have the chance to get involved with all pricing aspects of personal household product lines.
The successful candidate will come from a General Insurance Pricing background, ideally form Personal lines with 1-3 years experience. Proficiency in systems such as SAS, Radar and SQL is essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply below or email your CV to Christopher.Goss@reedglobal.com
A leading Lloyd's market syndicate are looking for an Actuarial Analyst for their Pricing team.
The role of the Pricing Analyst will be to support and challenge the Pricing Managers. This role will be exposed to all areas of Pricing and be expected to pick up new tasks quickly. The Analyst will be encouraged to work closely with all the pricing managers in order to remain in touch with everything going on.
- Build and maintain pricing models for use by ourselves and our underwriters
- Assist the underwriters with scheme and individual risk pricing
- Monitor and analyse the portfolio to help the underwriters
- Assist with the selection of LR for the business planning process
- Assist with the calibration of Premium Risk parameters
- Demonstrate appropriate, consistent and complete consideration of our customers
and potential customers’ interests, throughout our business, on a continuous basis.
In addition to the above points the analyst/actuary shall ensure that appropriate documentation is kept up to date and that Actuarial Standards as well as Lloyd’s Minimum Standards are met. It is expected that the analyst will take responsibility for their studying and make good progress through the exams. The analyst should make use of the experience around them to learn about the industry and different Pricing techniques and challenge the team to continually improve.
Other duties may be assigned.
A worldwide consulting firm are looking for a Pensions Actuary to join their Suffolk team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a nearly or newly qualified actuary to become an integral part of a high-performing organisation. As a consultant, you will work as part of a team and act as a key resource by performing many intricate aspects of the client work.
The ideal candidate will come from a background in pensions, have both technical and consulting experience, supported by strong academics.
Typical responsibilities of this position include:
• Project manage valuations and other project based work
• Supervising day to day calculations as requested
• Prepare for and attend client meetings
• To improve consulting skills with regular client contact
• To help train and improve the actuarial skills of junior analysts
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply below or email your CV to: Ben.Wade@reedglobal.com
In a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment the firm prides itself on its personel. They therefore invest heavily in retaining the top talent, and helping you fulfil your potential.
You will work in an innovative, supportive and buzzing atmosphere in the heart of London. As a key member of the team you will play a vital role in meeting the expectations of the companys' clients through delivering high quality cutting-edge solutions.
You will gain experience of across a range of general and life insurance actuarial services. In particular, there will be a greater emphasis on modelling challenges faced by insurers, including pricing and capital modelling. You will support clients with developing, parameterising and testing models. In this respect, early in your career you will be interacting directly with clients in a technical capacity and gaining a network of contacts.
Training on wider commercial and insurance topics is provided by subject matter experts from within the team. As you progress in your career you will have the opportunity to get involved with presenting ideas and concepts, both internally and externally, to help support this and have the rare opportunity to work closely with the in-house software developers to not only gain greater insight into the workings of the platform but also have an important role in helping steer the development of the software.
You will gain technical actuarial knowledge through your day to day work and by working through the actuarial exams. The company provides a competitive actuarial study package including not only study leave, materials and exam allowances, and exam remuneration, but also support from a study mentor.
A Big 4 London consultancy are looking for an assistant insurance risk manager to join their actuarial & insurance risk team.
As part of the Actuarial & Risk team you will:
- help the team develop and expand its offerings to provide services that respond to major regulatory reforms, financial change, transactions and restructuring the industry.
- be involved in market leading projects in the fields of Solvency II and Capital Modelling among others.
- work across a wide range of projects and with a number of prestigious clients
Skills & Experience:
- excellent oral & written communication, planning, project-management and networking skills
- In-depth insurance industry experience (actuarial/risk) at junior level required
- a practical and theoretical understanding of how risk is managed within insurance
- a detailed understanding of: risk appertite, risk reporting, stress & scenario testing and capital management
- project management experience and the ability to deliver high quality work on time and to budget
- an understanding how regulatory requirements impact financial and insurance risk management techniques.
- flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required