global recruitment specialists
Finance Manager Jobs in the UK
More options Fewer options
Showing 1 - 20 of 33 results.
33 jobs in UK
To provide financial information, support and advice to staff and management
Supervise a Finance Assistant
Production of Monthly management Accounts
Balance sheet and cash flow statement
Cash Flow management
Management of debtors and creditors
Budget production and management
Production of annual financial statements
The successful Candidate will be responsible for the following tasks: -
* Effectively manage a team of 3 Purchase Ledger staff
* Checking, coding, processing and scanning of all supplier invoices
* Identify and resolve all supplier account discrepancies
* Distribute invoices for authorisation
* Process supplier payments via HEX, BACS, CHAPPS, and Cheque weekly and monthly
* Reconciliation of Supplier statements quarterly and at Year End
* Maintain Aged Creditors monthly
* Assisting with Month End duties including providing copy invoices for Accruals, Prepayments, Intercompany and Fixed Assets
* Process Credit Card statements
* Provide Purchase Orders accordingly
* Review all outstanding Purchase Orders at Month End and clear where necessary
* Maintenance of Intercompany journals
* Ad hoc tasks as required
Duties to include:
• Operation of PS Financials, including invoices, BACS and cheque processing, and ensuring that all transactions adhere to the school’s financial control systems.
• Responsible for Purchase and Sales Ledger, Fixed Asset Ledger, maintaining Aged Debtors records and maintaining credit control procedures.
• Administer all monies on behalf of the academy and ensure accurate recording and banking
• Responsible for month end procedures to include monthly financial accounts and forecasts for Business Director’s authorisation.
• To produce all financial reconciliations for both main fund and School Fund accounts (bank, credit card, VAT, other) as well as effective information analysis and reports.
• Overseeing the management of the School Fund and responsibility for year-end procedures
• Preparation of the end of year accounts to Trial Balance and assist with external audits and implementation of audit recommendations.
• Line Management of the Finance Assistant
• To assist with the development and improvement existing systems, policies and procedures
• To ensure value for money in all transactions and assist the Business Director in negotiating school contracts when required
Job Title: School Business Manager
Role: Full time temporary
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: half term/1 term only
Location: South East London
Reed Education are supporting a small Primary school to appoint an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced School Business Manager who will be responsible for all financial and administrative systems within the school. This important role is both strategic and operational, providing advice and support for the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team and contributing to the continued development of the School, a multicultural, small primary school situated in Southwark.
Responsibilities include the management of Finance, Human Resources, Administration, Facilities and Premises and administration related ICT.
We are looking for someone to:
- manager the finance, HR & Recruitment, Admin and Premises functions of the school
- Play an active role in school life
- Work strategically and think in the medium-long term
- Support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team in ensuring that the school fulfils its educational aims
- Strong financial experience
- Ability to manage the recruitment process for all vacancies and maintain HR records
- The capability to oversee Health and Safety across the school
- The inter-personal skills to manage a cross section of relationships
- A good sense of humour
- Organizational skills and ability to manage a diverse work load
If you feel this is the right job for you please apply online!!
-Consolidated management accounts working with commercial accountants
-French GAAP consolidation package
-Local reporting including FRS102 statutory accounts and audit interface thereof
-Presentation of the results for Board reports
-Analysing results and challenging management to improve profitability
-Corporate Governance including the evaluation of systems and controls
-Full balance sheet responsibility
-Taxation including Senior Accounting Officer, Corporation tax, VAT, intrastat and payroll taxes
-Treasury management and cash flow forecasting including forex policy
-Capital expenditure management
-Management of General Ledger function and Credit Control
-Budgets and forecasts
-Cover for Commercial Accountants
To provide financial expertise to guide and influence the decisions made by the SLT and governors
Duties and responsibilities
Leadership & Strategy
1. Attend relevant Senior Leadership Team (SLT), full Governing Body as directed by the Headteacher and appropriate Governors’ sub-committee meetings
2. Negotiate and influence strategic decision making within the school’s SLT
3. Plan and manage change in accordance with the school development plan.
4. To actively seek information on changes to any school funding stream or grant availability and inform the Headteacher and make budgetary adjustments accordingly.
5. Financial scenario analysis for Headteacher, SLT and Governors based on differing income and expenditure variables for a 5 year forecast to provide various options to contribute to effective decision making.
6. Making key recommendations to guide, develop and ensure that strategic financial planning and decisions advance the School Aims.
To provide financial expertise to guide and influence the decisions made by the SLT and governors.
-To ensure an up to date knowledge of the financial procedures for businesses, the education sector and Academies to create appropriate recommendations to the SLT and governors and to make them aware of changes in legislation and procedures in a timely manner
-Seek and make use of specialist financial expertise when required.
-To manage and oversee all aspects of procurement to ensure value for money and to employ systems to make efficient use of staff time.
-To liaise with the Finance Assistant and budget holders to develop collective capitation, procurement and purchasing procedures in order to maximize value for money.
-To ensure that all financial systems, whether computer-based or manual, are operated and managed efficiently and effectively, and conform to the latest version of the Academies Financial Handbook and other appropriate financial standards
A well established retail company is looking to recruit a Financial Controller on a permanent full-time basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company with a history of television exposure and comprehensive support from investors.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for:
- Production Management Accounts
- Producing Statutory Accounts
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- Financial Analysis
- Responsibility of all Financial Control including; fixed assets, debtors & creditors, stock
- Producing VAT returns (P11D returns)
- Production of Corporate Tax Returns
- Assisting with Payroll and Pension administration as well as PAYE Settlements
- Supporting Business Partners
- Liasing with Central Finance Team
- Strong experience within a Financial Controller/ Finance Manager position
- Studying or a Finalist with ACCA or CIMA
- Accuracy, tenacity and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience reporting to Director level
- Proficiency using Sage and Excel systems at an intermediate or advanced level. (Experience using other Accoutning systems will also be considered)
Roles within this copany are highly sought-after, do not miss out! Please apply ASAP if you would like to be immediately considered for the position!
o Calculation & posting of accruals & prepayments using data extracted from FocalPoint Purchase Order system
o Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register (within Excel) and posting of monthly depreciation
o Calculation & posting of other/adjustment monthly journals
o Production of monthly accounts model and accompanying variance analysis
o Agreement of intra-group balances with other group companies
o Submission of accounts to Division/Group finance via BPC reporting interface
o Preparation of monthly reports to Group
o Assist Financial Controller with production of internal management reports and deputise in their absence
o Order book clean up
o Preparation and submission of the Short Term Cash flow to Group
o Review of Overdue debtors report and Cashbook
o Oversee credit control
o Production of balance sheet reconciliations (monthly)
o Investigation of unusual/unexplained reconciling items (as required)
o Assist Financial Controller in production of audit file (annually)
Assist Tax Accountant/Financial Planning and Reporting
PAYE Settlement Agreement (Annual)
o Corporation Tax Return (Annual)
o Australia Branch Return (Annual)
o P11D’s (Annual)
o FBT Return (Annual)
o VAT Return (Quarterly)
o GST Return (Quarterly)
o Supervise 3 transactional accounts staff and support them in their studies if applicable
We now have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Finance Manager. The organisation has enjoyed year on year growth with more growth planned for the future and now have an opening for an experienced Finance Manager to manage the Accounts department. With an impressive product portfolio and a friendly, relaxed office this really is a fantastic opportunity!
Reporting to the Financial Director your responsibilities will include:
• Managing ledgers
• Credit Control
• Supervision of accounts team of 3
• Cash flow and Budget reports
• Month End
• Among others
As the successful candidate you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, circa £25,000 - £35,000 with an excellent benefits package.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate previous experience within similar roles. Supervision of staff would be advantageous but not essential.
If this opportunity may be of interest apply today!
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Bank reconciliations for numerous accounts
• Processing of invoices, receipts and payments
• Preparing sales invoices and VAT returns
• Cash-flow Forecasting
• Liaising with external auditors and handling queries
• Preparation of EC sales lists
• Preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
• Preparation of monthly project reports
• Ad hoc support to Senior Management
• Stakeholder management/Board meetings
Reed Accountancy Reading are seeking a Qualified by Experience candidate to join our well established client based in Theale in the role of Commercial Finance Manager.
This role will be reporting directly to Finance Director and ideally will suit someone with at least 2 years working within a commercial environment as you will have responsibility for influencing and driving the commercial performance of the business, whilst ensuring continuous improvement in the quality of data-led, commercial analysis. Making it central to the decision-making process so that the business exceeds strategic and financial objectives
A strong knowledge of Excel would be advantageous alongside the ability to motivate others and show strong leadership and influencing skills.
Key duties for this position will include, but not be limited to:
•Providing key support to the Finance Director and other stakeholders.
•Leading the financial and commercial assessment of tenders and account renewals, creating innovative solutions, reviewing and developing pricing structures and providing written responses covering all commercial elements of any prospective bid
•Own, develop and enhance internal data and reporting to improve efficiency and presentation of customer specific reports
•Managing margin improvement programme, including account portfolio review, pricing assessment and product conversion opportunities
•Acting as the internal point of contact on contractual review, contractual matters and related commercial issues, ensuring that Sales and Purchasing Managers are handling designated contract(s), and that any changes to contract(s) are reviewed, implemented, documented and recorded
•Management of commercial elements in contracts to ensure terms are maximised and action to ensure retention ahead of contracts expiring
•Development of cost to serve model; establishing and embedding the principals within the business and utilising the cost to serve outputs to support tendering and contract renewal
•Providing financial support for the budgeting and strategic planning rounds each year
This organisation offers free parking, is close to public transport links and offers excellent benefits.
This is an opportunity to join an SME technology business at an exciting time when it is strongly positioned for rapid growth. This will be a hands-on, sole charge finance manager position where you will be reporting straight to the MD and getting involved in all aspects of accounts. Salary is negotiable depending on experience up to £36,000 and the comprehensive benefits package includes a bonus (paid twice a year and linked to personal and company performance), contributory pension, income protection scheme, private medical and life assurance. 25 days holiday, plus the 8 bank holidays. An additional 5 days a year study leave will be available for part-qualified candidates.
Your responsibilities will include:
Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports, to include KPI’s and Graphs
Preparation of the annual budget and assisting the MD with business planning
Liaising with the auditors at year-end
Preparation of VAT returns and Corporation Tax returns
Accounts Receivable - Processing all Client Billing
Accounts Payable - Supplier Management, Payments and Cash Management
(Payroll is currently outsourced)
Using Sage accounting software and MS Excel
My established client based in the Haywards Heath area is seeking a Qualified By Experience Finance Manager to join their exciting and busy team.
The role consists of;
* Supervising a finance team
* VAT returns
* Cash flow forecasting
* Oversee general Accounts Payable and Receivable
* Credit Control
* Preparing the management accounts pack
The ideal candidate;
- Have used / implemented Sage
- Supervised a team of 3 plus
- Strong accountancy experience
If this role sound like you, apply now!
Core responsibilities will include:
- Preparing quarterly management accounts to include ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of annual accounts and liaising with auditors
- Managing corporation tax assessments and payment of tax
- Control of invoicing and debtors
- Liaising with banks and taking control of the bank accounts
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
-All aspects of purchase ledger including payment of suppliers
-Subcontractors’ accounts and payment
-Record keeping and monthly returns to HMRC-Ensuring compliant with CIS regulations
-Sales applications, invoices & credit control.
-On-line banking, payments (including foreign)
-Reconciliation of bank accounts
-Processing and reconciliation of Credit Cards and petty cash.
-Preparation of cash flow and scheduling of all payments to keep within budget.
-Preparation of monthly P&L and BS accounts, including prepayments and accruals.
-Production of various other management reports
-Arranging monthly contract review meetings and preparing costing reports for each project
-Quarterly VAT returns
-Year-end procedures – reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, preparation of information for audit, liaison with auditors
-Approving and processing expenses
-Running of 2 monthly payrolls for a total of 70 Staff
-Administration of pension scheme, ensuring compliance with Pension Regulations.
-Attendance at weekly and bi-monthly management meetings.
-Stock system – monthly stock reports and product maintenance
Control of the finance function for the company to include:
• Processing/managing the processing of information onto the Sage Accounts software
• Management of the accounts team
• Preparation of (or assistance with) monthly management accounts
• Preparation of the VAT returns
• Analysis of financial performance and reporting to management
• Preparation of year end accounting information for the external auditors
• Preparation of annual budgets
• Preparation of cash flow forecasts
• Credit control management
• Cash flow management
• Business tax compliance
• Management of payroll processing
• To work with the management team in assisting them in specific tasks and to advise the director on the financial aspects of the tasks
• To work with the external advisers in managing the financial risk of the business
Development of Financial Controls
• To assess the financial controls already in place
• To recommend and implement additional financial controls to assist the Directors in controlling and protecting the assets of the company
Project management and analysis
• To work on projects with the managing director
• Establishing costs and revenues for a project
• Assist the MD in taking a project to its conclusion
Setting the budget and forecast targets for area of responsibility
Evaluate investment proposals and make recommendations to business managers
Work in partnership with Account Director and senior management team to manage risks to ensure budget delivery, both for client and RA
Identify areas of improvement within your business and devise action plan to deliver the change
Using analysis to drive changes to business performance
Ensure identified improvements are being actioned by the business
Ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, contract compliance and adherence to Compass financial policies and controls
Oversight and financial reporting of new project rollouts
Actively manage stakeholders and be involved in ad hoc projects.
For further details please contact Luke Sutheran on 01902 429936
My client is looking to engage, on a temporary basis whilst their permanent recruitment for the role takes place, an immediately available, or available at short notice, assistant financial controller to join their successful team.
Key duties include but are not limited to-
-Assisting with control accounts
-Getting the purchase ledger procedures and processes ironed out to ensure that they run smoothly and are up to date
- Balancing intercompany accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with year end files
The role also entails some aspects of personnel management and coaching making it a very exciting and varied opportunity.
If you feel that this is a role you would be interested in, please contact me without delay!
• Assisting in the production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts including business unit analysis.
• Maintaining reconciliations and managing journals and accruals in Oracle.
• Assisting with loading management accounts data into a Bespoke System.
• Producing reports and liaising with global colleagues on monthly accounts
• Assisting in preparation of statutory and tax reports.
• Analyse, assess and prepare transactions and their impact on tax.
• Liaise with our tax advisors to agree and report tax positions.
• Completing yearend tax filings
Budgets and Forecasts
• Assisting in the production of timely and accurate budgets and forecasts.
• Producing reports and liaising with global colleagues.
• Providing Ad hoc reports when required.
• Administering VAT intrastate reporting
• Producing treasury reports and corporate treasury departments.
• Managing intercompany transaction and settlement processes.
• Adding financial input into management decision making
These are only a number of the duties but placing with this company previously makes it a opportunity not to be missed. For further details please contact Luke Sutheran on 01902 429936