global recruitment specialists
Finance Manager Jobs in the UK
More options Fewer options
Showing 1 - 20 of 49 results.
49 jobs in UK
The role is to ensure that the finance function is efficient. This will be achieved through management of a small team.
In addition the Financial Controller will be responsible to ensure that all reporting is accurate and that efficiencies are highlighted and escalated to the board of directors on a regular basis.
There will be the need to travel on occasions into Europe where the Group head office is based.
Duties included are as follows:
All apsects of Finance including management of all ledgers and credit control
Interpreting reporting on financial information
Managing cash flow
Preparing accounts for all periods along with relevant reports
Preparing year end accounts and managing the year end audit process.
Preparation of all budgets
Analysis and reporting on business performance
Predicting future performance
Building up good relations with external services such as solicitors,auditors, banks and the Inland revenue
Producing accurate and complete financial reports to specific deadlines
To provide financial information, support and advice to staff and management
Supervise a Finance Assistant
Production of Monthly management Accounts
Balance sheet and cash flow statement
Cash Flow management
Management of debtors and creditors
Budget production and management
Production of annual financial statements
• Direct Line Management of the Payroll Manager, Assistant Accountant and two finance administrators.
• Ensure through management of reports, the delivery and accuracy of staff Payroll, GP wages, Pensions, Sales invoicing and Supplier relations.
• Production of the monthly management accounts for the Management team and Board members.
• Production of Monthly cash flow forecasts and budget variance analysis.
• Leading the internal aspect of the HUC annual Financial Audit, ensuring timely completion with the accurate reporting of Statutory Accounts to outside bodies and payment of Corporation Tax arising.
• Cash Management – ensuring timely payments made to comply to legislation whilst balancing the incoming receipts and chasing/query resolution thereof.
• Processing the VAT returns for the Company. Advising on the correct application of output VAT and the recovery of input vat incurred, noting the residual method of calculation.
• Liaising with other Departments to ensure good working practices throughout the Finance Function.
• Liaising with CCG’s/NHS Pensions and Suppliers over the implementation of new contracts - TUPE staff set up, Pension Payments & Income arrangements.
• Adhoc reporting – ie National Statistics, HMRC PAYE Agreements
• Adhoc query resolution – staff pay queries.
The main duties of the position will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Deal with all aspects of the Applications Invoicing
- Oversee Sales Ledger – invoicing; statements; credit control
- Oversee Purchase ledger – checking invoices; reconciling supplier statements; payment runs
- First point of contact for Pension Providers
- First point of contact for the Accounts Management Company (BDO) regarding payroll queries
- Line manage and oversee 2 full time administrators and 1 part time administrators all working in the finance team
- Reporting to the Manager Director
• Monthly preparation of management accounts.
• Analysis of results with explanation of variances against trend and budget.
• Review with Financial Controller and Managing Director.
• Production and monitoring of annual budget and quarterly full year forecasting.
• Preparation of year end audit folder and liaise with external auditors.
• Assist with completion of statutory accounts.
• Hedging/risk reporting.
• Preparation and filing of VAT returns.
• Interrogation of transactional data, process review and improvement contribution.
• Work closely with IT to ensure users have access to the key components of the accounting system, receive adequate training and have the essential reports readily available to facilitate decision making and problem solving.
• Liaise with auditors and other external parties as directed.
• Keep key stakeholders up to date on progress against key milestones.
• Ensure Management is kept informed of industry developments which are relevant to the operation of an efficient finance function.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Preparation of management accounts for 4 companies
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Profit and loss
• VAT returns
• Managing 3 staff
The role is a complete Finance Manager post working within an educational environment which is transitioning into being an effective business.
They are looking at overhauling the entire finance process and systems so the new FM post holder will be heavily involved with rolling this out as as such will need :
* Strong initiative
* An understanding of limitation
* Sound financial understanding
* Transitioning experience would be beneficial
* Be able to cascade change internally
* Be able to develop the role as they grow
* Improve the discipline
* Bring the academy fit for purpose
* Fit in with the wider team
* As the sites evolve be able to coordinate across sites
* Devise and Import working to timetable
The academy is likely to grow and merge over the coming years and as such the FM role will also develop and grow over time
Reporting directly to the COO, my client has a permanent vacancy available for a Financial Controller / Management Accountant. This is a progressive role which will lead to the successful candidate stepping up to Financial Director level within the next few years.
You will be primarily responsible for the following:
Preparation of monthly management accounts including balance sheet reconciliations and accruals and prepayments
Preparation and review of budgets
Preparation of statutory accounts
Overview control of the credit control function
Quarterly VAT returns
Preparation of monthly payroll
You will ideally have a minimum of five years experience within a similar role although a commercially aware candidate who is looking for the next step up in their career will also be considered. An Accountancy/Finance related degree would be beneficial although not essential, as would Sage 200 experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your most recent CV for consideration.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Reconciling all daily transactions within multiple sites. Input into accounting system quick books ensuring balancing of all daily activities being cash, card transactions or ledger. Highlight and question together with management any unusual transactions.
• Assisting in preparing profit and loss accounts and balance sheets for senior management. Monthly reporting structure is required.
• Producing an accurate set of month end accounts with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
• Controlling and processing the payroll
• Ensuring legislation is followed regarding VAT and PAYE and submitting to the authorities as per requirement e.g. quarterly and monthly submissions.
• Controlling the accounts receivable environment ensuring accurate invoicing is in place. Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow.
• Controlling the accounts payable environment, ensuring all invoices received are accurate and correct as per prices agreed and or contract agreements. Prepare regular payment runs for the director to process in line with payment terms and conditions.
• Reconciling bank statements for all accounts
• Manage holiday’s entitlement and sick leave for all employees on the payroll keeping a close eye on policy.
Preparation of periodic financial statements, cash flows and associated notes including liaison with client over transaction related issues.
Compile and analyse financial information underlying the financial statements, including the treatment of business transactions.
Preparation of asset level management reporting for the client and seeking new ways to provide informative and concise information.
Calculation of deal and fund level IRRs and other performance metrics.
Dealing with Yearend audit including preparation of relevant files and resolving issues.
Monitoring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
Review and submit recommendations for improving the organisation's accounting operation.
Collect appropriate data and preparing government reports and tax returns.
In addition to the duties listed above, the individual may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested.
- Preparing budgets and cash-flow (short and long term)
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Reporting and analysis various documents/sales for management team
- Posting expenses and processing invoices when required
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card statements
- Preparing and running payments
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and P+L
Supervising a team
Processing monthly management accounts
Monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
Maintenance of Corporate books
Working closing with senior management and producing reports
Inter company accounts
Supervising supplier payments
Posting bank statements and cash registers.
Daily and weekly cash flow
dealing with all forms of accounts receivable
Prepare monthly management accounts (P&L and balance sheet)
Prepare cashflow statements and forecast
Prepare ad hoc financial and management reports
Maintain monthly balance sheet analysis
Maintain asset register
Monitor prepayments and accruals
Process month-end adjustments
Involvement in HR management of the practice
Work with Access Dimensions ledgers and financials and Union Square project accounting (prior knowledge advantageous but not necessary)
Participate in the budget / forecast process
Co-ordinate with Poland subsidiary and book keepers (in English)
Project profitability reporting
Liaise with external auditors
Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
Supervise P11D and PSA returns
Develop forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow)
Perform system reconciliations and data management
Coordinating setup of new employees on computer systems and maintenance of records
Review internal controls
The role will encompass the following:
• Ensure effective supervision of the day-to-day activities of the team and meet Client SLA’s
• Meeting effective and efficient account processing targets, while meeting agreed KPI’s
• Manage the accurate and timely submission of weekly/ monthly Clients data as per the SLA's
• Ensure that Account Processing team adheres to Group Policies on Accounting, Internal Controls, Ethics & Compliance and HR
• Maintain relationships with key Client contacts, LPA’s and Service Centre’s for efficient account related functions
• Bank & Cash Management – monitor and assess cash flow requirements
• Ensure accounts are processed error free and monitor reject levels to ensure that lessons are learnt in conjunction with the Quality team
• Staff training & development
A highly experienced, Financial Controller and Manager, reporting to the Directors of the business. The role will be a hybrid role required to produce end of month financial reports, cash flow planning and conducting weekly pay runs.
You will be analytical, resourceful and love challenges. In return, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a thriving start-up company with exponential growth capacity, working alongside people with fantastic personalities who are passionate about what they do.
*Manage & develop an Accounts Assistant & Bookkeeper as well as create a 'best practice' culture that promotes innovation and accountability.
*Ensure timely and effective delivery of all core financial processes; including invoicing, credit control and expenses is adhered to.
*Manage monthly close reviewing all transactions to maintain data integrity and final preparation of the financial statements including management accounts and relevant reports, commentary and analysis.
*Produce management accounts and relevant reports alongside commentary and analysis.
*Ownership of the short and long range rolling cash flow forecast advising on short term cash flow requirements.
*Implement processes and procedures where necessary.
*Preparing end of year accounts up until trial balance.
*Manage monthly VAT & EC sales list reporting.
*Weekly Payment run.
*Present Statutory accounts to Board members, analysing performance using core KPI’s.
*Support Senior management in Decision making
*Provide operational and financial information as required.
*Business Partner with various departments to achieve company objectives.
*Adhoc Duties as and when required.
Responsible for line management and development of the finance assistant(s)and be required to assist the Director of Finance in supporting the Central Finance team for UK Area and at remote locations globally. Work closely with Director of Finance, Bursar General, Trustees, Senior Management team in structured and supportive manner adhering the charities policies and practices. Support, develop and maintain effective communications and strong working relationships across functional areas in order to jointly meet the Organisations’ objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Finance, Organisational Processes and Systems
2. Development of Finance Team’s Capabilities and Capacities.
3. Financial Direction.
4. Treasury Management
5. Annual Budget
6. Annual audit
7. Attend and contribute to various meetings and training events for the Organisation' in order to contribute to both personal and organisational development; some of which may be off-site and in other parts of the country, occasionally necessitating an overnight stay. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. Carry out these and any other duties as reasonably required in accordance with the Organisation’s policies, procedures and ethos.
Are you a dedicated, passionate individual looking to work for an award winning business?
My client, based near Surbiton, is seeking to appoint a Finance Manager on a temporary to permanent basis.
You will need to be available immediately or on short notice as my client will be interviewing candidates ASAP.
You will be reporting to the Finance Director and you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Preparation of Profit & Loss Accounts and Balance Sheets on a monthly basis to a pre-agreed timetable
• Complete all Nominal Ledger reconciliations
• Preparation and submission of Group VAT on a monthly basis. Including Reverse Charge VAT submission and oversight of Intrastat & EC Sales Report submissions.
• Management of the Purchase Ledger function
• Preparation of expenditure analysis to support Corporation Tax computations & PSA Agreement submissions.
• Organising budgets and forecasts
• Preparing for the annual audit (including expenditure analysis)
• Bank Reconciliations
You will need to ensure that you are able to work in a timely manner and abide to strict deadlines, as prioritising and organisational skills are a must.
If you think this could be the perfect job for you, and you have previous experience of working in a similar position, please submit your CV.
Pensions Accounts and Investment- 40-45k per annum- large international company - excellent benefits
We are looking for a Pensions Accountant and Investment professional to join a highly succesful international company based in Surrey. You will be involved in cash flow analysis, month and year end reporting, pension assetts valuations as well as preparing the accounting of investment asset information.
You are encouraged to take initiave and have an input on how processes can be improved as well as challenge the status quo in an efficient and professional way.
This fantastic company values its people and invests in your development by providing you with the right tools to progress and succeed.
You will have at least 5 years of accounting at a senior level with an understanding of pensions and investments.
You will have worked in a large organisation
Please contact for further information 01483 529913 or email@example.com
A third sector employer in the Epsom area is seeking a CIMA/ACCA Part Qualified Finance Manager to join their busy Finance Department.
This role takes full responsibility for the Finance function and leading a team of 2 on a day to day basis. This will include:
* VAT preparation
* Compile the statement of financial activities
* Consolidation of the Balance Sheet
* Producing and delivering the monthly reporting back to senior Stakeholders
* Fixed Assets
* Prepayments & Accruals
* Suporting with the Quarterly & Annual Budget preparation
* Oversee Payroll & Pension
* Implementing financial controls
* Ad hock accounting duties
The ideal candidate must have experience as a Finance Manager; ideally in the third sector. He/she will be ACCA/CIMA Part qualified or finalist level and have solid practical accounting skills.
Excellent Benefits include: Competitive salary, subsidised lunches, free parking, enhanced annual leave allowance and a beautiful office location.
The Finance and Business Manager will be responsible for primarily supporting the Head of Finance, along with the following:
Maintaining and developing effective financial procedures, ensuring best practice is followed throughout all sites
Maintaining and developing the organisation's accounting systems, accurate reporting of actual income and expenditure against budgets
Ensuring accurate and timely administration of payroll for 650 staff, monthly, cashflow forecasting, treasury management and banking arrangements.
Timely and accurate returns to governing bodies
Monitoring all budgets on a monthly basis providing commentaries
Ensuring reconciliation of all control accounts, bank accounts and credit cards
Managing payments and receipts, monthly remittances, BACS payments
Advise sites of best practice in using new financial systems