global recruitment specialists
Assistant Accountant Jobs in the UK
More options Fewer options
Showing 1 - 20 of 107 results.
107 jobs in UK
Looking for an existing job opportunity working for an international company?
I am currently working with a fantastic company based in Bishop’s Stortford who are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team.
This role will start of on a 6 month contract but with the view to go permanent for the right candidate.
My client is looking for somebody who is pro-active, motivated and will not shy away from a challenge.
They also offer a study support package for candidates who are studying towards AAT, ACCA or CIMA.
This is a varied position and interesting position. The job duties include preparation of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations, be a key participant in month end close processes, assist with Accounts Payable as requires, control and maintain all of the cash and bank related activities, administration of websales processes and more.
My client is looking for someone who has intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including V Look Ups and Pivot Tables, strong accounting skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to work under pressure.
Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
Please apply as soon as possible if this role sounds like the perfect position for you!
Reconciliation of all bank accounts and posting of any relevant cash book journals.
Transfer of files from student record system to finance system, and PayPal reconciliation.
Administration of fixed assets and projects, production of monthly report and reconciliation.
Preparation and posting of monthly accruals and prepayments.
Setting up of non purchase ledger payments through banking software.
To oversee the reconciliation of the student loan customer accounts.
Assist with reconciling and posting of income and expenditure related journals.
Prepare balance sheet control reconciliations.
Administration of Finance System e.g. user set up and maintaining register of authorised approvers.
Raising and issuing of student termly grant payment e.g Archer Trust.
To assist with VAT returns and reconciliations.
Assist with preparation of information for year-end audit.
To participate in the annual enrolment process.
Maintain and update procedure manual for tasks listed above.
Cover and provide support for other members of the finance team as and when required.
Promote & police the adherence of the finance regulations.
Distribute month end reports.
Assist with month end PL and SL closure.
Accounts preparation for Sole traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
Knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Iris
Must have 3 to 5 years practice experience.
£21,000 - £25,000
If you have accounts experience and are looking to take on a role with increased responsibility then this could be the job for you. In this role you will report to the Finance Manager and work in a small finance team.
You will get involved in the following tasks:
• Purchase ledger and assistance with sales ledger
• Quarterly VAT Returns - submitting to HMRC on a timely basis
• Bank reconciliations
• Petty cash
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Prepare the cashflow report
This role will suit someone AAT qualified or possibly a studier. Alternatively you may have the necessary experience in a previous role.
For more information please call Nick Heap at Reed Accountancy on 01223 462857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Raising sales ledger invoices
- Bank Reconciliations
- Payroll admin duties (Payroll is outsourced so this will be assisting with admin of payroll)
- Any other ad hoc duties
Your responsibilities will include:
Monthly stock calculations and reconciliations
Variance analysis reporting
Generating monthly management reports
Balance sheet reconciliations
Processing sales rebates
You will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager and the main duties of a part time Accounts Assistant include:
-Managing Bank reconciliation
-Raising invoices, and managing petty cash.
-Managing the Expenses process
-Dealing with supplier queries
-Ad-hoc analysis of various expenditure to aid budgeting
Reporting to Operations Manager, this role will see the post holder taking responsibility for a variety of duties including:
-Liaising with accountants
-Monitoring bank accounts – interbank payments
-Drawdown requests for investors
-Monitoring and maintaining funds spreadsheets
-Making fund payments to portfolio companies
-Compiling finance reports for the portfolio companies
-Assisting with the quarterly reporting
-Assistance with portfolio accounting when required
-Assisting with some general administration and even planning
Are you an Assistant Accountant available for a fantastic temporary to permanent opportunity in Harlow?
Are you available for an Immediate Start?
I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Commercial Accountant for an industry leader based in Harlow.
Reporting to the Commercial Accountant the successful post holder will be responsible for the provision and interpretation of financial / management information to support and inform the local management team.
With excellent Excel skills you will have experience working as an Assistant Accountant in a Commercial Environment. Experience dealing with P11D and PSA matters as well as assisting with Accounts Preparation and Balance Sheet matter will also be essential.
To be considered for this excellent temporary to permanent opportunity working for a nationally recognised brand please apply online today – interviews will take place Monday!
A degree in Accounting, Maths, Business, or equivalent degree is an asset
Accounting qualifications are an asset (such as AAT or part qualified ACCA)
At least 3 year of professional experiences in an accounting or finance (internships count!)
Exceptional attention to detail and processes with proven ability to be organized and prioritize
Experience with systems such as Xero, Harvest, and SharePoint are an asset
Excellent Excel skills, with strong working knowledge of formulas and functionalities with an exposure to financial modelling
Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
Able to work with a sense of urgency
My Client is looking for an Accounts Clerk to join his growing team.
The candidates must have the knowledge to prepare Accounts for small to large businesses (Sole, Partnerships and limited companies) preferably using IRIS programmes, dealing with CT600 Returns and SA Tax Returns.
If successful , your contracted hours will be Monday to Friday and your new working environment will be in a modern office based around the Ilford area.
The Salary would be from £27,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
If you have any more questions before applying please contact Liam Snell at REED Accountancy Practice on email@example.com
Working as part of a small dynamic team, this role offers an excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of finance and grow professionally as the business expands, with the additional benefit of study support.
Duties of the role include the following:
- Accounts Payable activities
- Supplier payments
- Expenses processing
- Month end responsibilities
- Ad hoc tasks
- Assisting with Monthly Management Accounts & in due course, their preparation.
- Multi currency bank reconciliations
- Monthly payroll
- Pension Calculations
- Credit Control and Sales Invoicing.
- VAT returns.
- Various ad-hoc other tasks.
This role is supporting the head of finance in the daily running of the finance team. It will be a very busy role and the main duties will include
- Raising invoices and posting onto Sage 200
- Receipt allocation
- Raising credit notes
- Set up supplier accounts
- Processing invoices and posting onto Sage 200
- Processing expense claims
- Posting journals
- Reconciling credit card statements
- Weekly payment runs
- Managing the petty cash flow
- Monthly petty cash and reconciling 5 bank accounts
• Extremely successful practice which specialises in technology start-ups and new businesses.
• An excellent benefits package
• Annual bonus
• Modern, spacious offices that are close to all major transport links
• Production of statutory accounts for the SME client base
• Production of corporate tax returns
• Review of supporting lead schedules and feedback to team leaders
• Resolving client queries prior to final approval
• Production and filing of client forms at Companies House
- Periodic reporting to clients (standard reports plus additional as required)
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of client reports (i.e. VAT, client statement etc)
- Manage and maintain the property and tenant (lease) database for all clients
- Manage housekeeping of Lease data and financial data on databases.
- Liaison with Treasury Dept and client to ensure that cash-flow/funding for each property service charge is adequate
- Liaise with property Service Charge Team to ensure completion of service charges within best practice guidelines.
- Deal appropriately with any property transfers as per internal guidelines.
- Understand and clear outstanding items as indentified on the annual balance sheet.
- Carry out frequent housekeeping and cleansing of all cash balances held.
Reporting to the Fund Accountant, the successful applicant will work in a large team servicing the needs of a portfolio of clients.
Responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing and new customers for clients
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts
- Updating the financial system (SUN Accounts) for all transaction related activity including the recording of sales and purchase invoices
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices, distribution notices and dealing with new applications for subscriptions into client funds
My client are looking for an experienced and ambitious Assistant Accountant to join their team. Them main duties of this role will consist of but not be limited to:
- Managing the day to day accounts.
- Cash flow Management, Forecasting and Budgeting.
- General Ledger.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Responsible for payments.
- VAT/PAYE submissions.
As a core member of the business, you will be required to;
- Maintenance & processing of Accounts Payable function in various currencies including processing of supplier invoices, preparation of supplier reconciliations for review and dispute resolution. Ensure invoices are not older than 30 days.
- Maintenance & processing of the Accounts Receivable function including investigating outstanding Debtor balances.
- Maintenance & processing of cash-flow including weekly bank reconciliations.
- Preparation & issuing of intercompany recharge invoices.
- Preparations of monthly Intercompany reconciliations and liaising with overseas counterpart.
- Responsible for maintenance & processing of Petty Cash function including regular reconciliations between cash available and vouchers.
As the role develops additional duties and responsibilities could include, but are not limed to:
- Preparations of month end balance sheet reconciliations within a strict timeline (i.e. 5 days after month-end).
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory returns (VAT etc).
- Reporting to the UK Accountant.
a) Accounting support:
- To assist the Finance team with all administration, finance and investor matters, including external and bespoke reporting, internal reporting, tax compliance, financial statement audits and ad hoc financial reports;
b) Business support:
- client/ potential investor communication: PowerPoint presentations, preparation for investor meetings (office diary support), information pack (due diligence support), investor conference support, marketing and possible research function
c) Mucking in:
- general office support and maintenance, liaising with suppliers