global recruitment specialists
Accounts Assistant Jobs in the UK
More options Fewer options
Showing 1 - 20 of 304 results.
304 jobs in UK
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will involve the following:
-Sales Ledger processing
-Purchase Ledger processing
-Stock and WIP transaction prcessing
-Credit Control duties: pursuing outstanding debt and allocation of incoming monies
-Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
-Direct debit processing
-Maintenance of the fixed asset register
Good knowledge of payroll
Processing and being compliant with expense reportsFinance support for Nominal ledger activities, numerical postings and sound accounting
logic developing best practice at all times
Processing sales invoices
Set up payments on bank (shown, not active)
Handling of Internal and External queries and requests
Use of company systems and automated software for the collection of supplier and client data and information.
Assist with implementation and usage of new technology, software, applications and systems to improve client services efficiency
Participation in ad hoc projects as required to help meet company targets and deadlines
Consider all measures to manage company costs effectively and work within and adhere to company targets in line with budgets
Support and implement Company initiates and projects to ensure Company success.
Full Accounts Assistant.
Reconciliation bank and statment
Payroll monthly and weekly
Manage and utilizing accounting systems/CRM to give a positive experience to the customer.
Manage all the accounts and various returns needed including Personal tax, VAT, corporate tax and payroll.
Design, set up and manage a process for setting up new companies and provide a tailored service.
Use software and provide software training to users/customers.
To provide support to the customer ranging from software queries to payroll queries.
Complete statutory requirements in accordance to standard timetables.
Assisting in the preparation and interpretation of monthly management accounts/audit preparation and any other statutory responsibilities.
Liaison with IR for complex queries and updates
Review and analysis of variances and balance sheet reconciliations.
Preparing or assisting in preparing and submitting accounts payable payment requests
Performing or assisting with reconciliation processes, data and report archiving, forecast management activities, and contract compliance tracking as and when directed by line manager
Any other duties as and when required by the Practice Manager/Management Accountant
Reporting to the FInance Manager, this role will include the following:
-Supplier payment runs
-Monthly expense payments
-Company Credit Cards
-Opening and distributing post daily
My client, an events company based in South West London is seeking a PA/Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent basis.
This exciting opportunity will involve the following:
• PA support to the Managing Director
- Diary management
- Business travel
- Agenda preparation and expenses
- Liaising with staff, suppliers & clients
- Preparing letters, presentations & reports
- Answering calls
- Implementing & maintaining procedures/administrative systems
• Office Administrator Duties
- Duties will include the day to day management of the office
- Provide support to other company departments
- Answering phones, greeting guests etc.
- Dealing with stationary, ordering of goods/services
- Liaise with the IT Team
- Organizing internal office events such as company activities
• Finance Assistant
- Processing purchase invoices
- Filing all paperwork
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Assisting with payment runs
- Banking if required
- Credit control if required
- Other adhoc accounts duties as required
Essential Skills & Experience
• Sound experience gained in a comparable role
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong IT skills with Intermediate - Advanced Excel skills
• Proficient in Sage 50
• Ability to prioritise and be highly organised
• Excellent time keeping, administrative and organisational abilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office to a high standard
• Energetic and highly motivated
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
• Good interpersonal skills including telephone manner
The salary on offer for this position is up to £25k.
Please be aware that only those candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered. Only those candidates shortlisted for the role will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
I am currently recruiting for an Accountants Assistant on a temporary basis based in Stockton.
In this role you will be a key member to the accounts team. Covering a range of varied duties.
General Duties -
Assisting in the production of month and year end accounts.
Ideal candidates will be AAT qualified or CIMA part qualified and available at short notice.
Candidates with strong IT skills and experience of using multiple accounting packages will have an advantage.
If you have the relevant experience that is stated above then please send a detailed covering letter and CV giving examples, to – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainee Accounts Assistant
£15,000 - £18,000
A large manufacturing business based near Ely are looking to recruit a Trainee Accounts Assistant, initially on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
This role might suit someone studying AAT or those who have some office / accounts experience and are looking for an accounts role. Responsibilities will include:
Log and match purchase orders against purchase invoices
Ensure all invoices are authorised for payment
Ensure invoices are paid within agreed payment terms via BACS
Maintain filing system
Supplier statement reconciliation
For more information or to apply please call Nick Heap at Reed Accountancy on 01223 462857.
£19,000 - £22,000
A growing business based in Newmarket are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a fixed-term contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave. You will report to the Finance Manager and responsibilities will include:
• Processing supplier payments
• Credit Card reconciliations
• Dealing with customer direct debits
• Reconciling payments
• Dealing with customer credit card bookings
• Other ad hoc duties as required
Ideally you will have experience in a similar accounts role and be immediately available to start work.
Candidates without accounting experience will be considered if they possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
If you would like to discuss further please contact Nick Heap on 01223 462857 or email email@example.com.
This role is pivotal in ensuring that all client finance processes are understood, recorded and communicated clearly to all important parties.
• Communicating regularly with client teams to approve payment of Agency invoices.
• Managing and resolving issues relating to payment of agency invoices in a timely and efficient manner. Including identifying and resolving the underlying cause of the issue (e.g. Purchase Orders, incorrect invoice format, etc.)
• Maintaining a dialogue with clients to ensure finance requirements are being adhered to (eg, Purchase Order reconciliations, reconciliations of cash statements, finance reports, statements etc)
• Working with client planning and buying teams in regards to company accounts.
• Assisting various client departments with finance issues
• Adhering to all group audit legislation
• Reviewing Accounts Receivable ledgers (billings,credit control), Accounts Payable teams etc.
Duties will include but not be limited to
Matching and processing high volumes of purchase invoices
Working with staff to resolve delivery or price variances
Payment runs and sending remittances
Reconciliation of supplier statements
Dealing with supplier statement queries
Assisting with audit queries at year end
Maintaining petty cash
Liaising with Shared Finance Centre where required
Various other ad-hoc tasks when necessary
Our successful client based in Wymondham, is currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant. This opportunity is available on a full-time, permanent basis, working Monday to Friday starting as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role.
Reporting to the senior management your main responsibilities will include the following:
• Bank and Petty Cash reconciliation
• Supplier & credit card invoices & reconciliation to statements
• Production of weekly financial figures
• Mid-month and end of month BACS payments (PAYE & NIC)
• BACS payments and pro-forma payments
• Accessing online supplier invoices
• VAT quarterly reconciliation, return and payments
• Assisting with Payroll and reception cover
• Must have excellent work-ethic
• Excellent literacy, numeracy & communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Team work skills and must be willing to learn
• Competent in the use of all Microsoft packages, particularly Excel and SAGE Line 50 and SAGE Payroll would be of a distinct advantage
In return, our client will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary.
To apply for this role please submit your CV online or to find out more, please contact Iona on 01603 622392 or by email to iona.deWal@reedglobal.com
If you do not hear from us within five working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. However, we will of course consider you for other similar roles.
• Assisting in the management of a portfolio of private clients, including self-employed, employed, internationally mobile employees, sportspersons and high net worth individuals
• Frequent liaison with clients
• Liaison with HM Revenue and Customs, brokers, banks, and solicitors
• Assist with personal and trust tax compliance
• Supervision of secondees, including training, delegating and reviewing work
Our client specialising in the world of luxury fashion has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Accounts Assistant to join their busy and vibrant office based in East London, initially on a temporary basis with a view to becoming permanent for the right person.
As the Junior Accounts Assistant you will have had a little experience working within a similar role previously, however training and guidance from a supportive team will be provided.
You will have working knowledge of Accounts Payable and reconciliations as well as Excel experience, being a team player and an excellent communicator both written and spoken.
On offer is the potential opportunity to join this reputable high street brand on a permanent basis should your temporary assignment prove successful. As well as the chance to work for a company that values its staff an hourly pay rate of £9 is on offer.
To be considered for this Junior Accounts Assistant job you will need to apply now as you could be starting on Monday – For more information please call Sarah Dennis on 0208 911 0400 or email Sarah.Dennis@reedglobal.com
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will see the post-holder taking responsibility for a variety of transactional duties and will evolve as the successful candidate grows in experience.
This varied role offers the support of an experienced Finance Manager. It will involve but not be limited to; creating orders, sending invoices to customers, opening new accounts, tracking and maintaining balances, cash application - applying money received to corresponding invoices, while ensuring accurate and timely payment of invoices.
This varied position will also include ad hoc credit control work, maintaining the aged debt listing and requesting payment of overdue invoices, intercompany invoicing, raising invoices for overseas projects completed. liaising with other departments regarding pricing and sales.
Are you immediately available for a fantastic new job opportunity?
I am currently recruiting for a Finance and Systems Support Officer role for Public Sector Organization based in Harlow.
Summary of the Job Duties
Manage purchase order commitments
Transfer financial balances from previous year to the current year
Transmit BACS payments and create remittance advices
Upload and reconcile feeder files
Update general Ledger
Experience within accounts
Can work off own initiative
This role is on a 6 month contract and you will be working 30 hours per week.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you then please get in touch as soon as possible as this role is likely to be filled very quickly!
Supported by senior management, this is a varied role which will include but not be limited to:
Reporting of statistics to suppliers/marketing/finance, send ship & debit price protection claims to suppliers, handle rejected claims, recording credit notes relating to claims, ensuring credit notes are accounted for in relation to VAT, communication with relevant departments regarding credit note discrepancies.
As well as this, the role will involve chasing suppliers for missing credit notes, processing credit and rebills, supporting the supplier team in case of audit and ad hoc accounting duties.
£10 -£13 per hour DOE
A respected local employer are looking to take on a temporary finance assistant for a period of 2-3 months minimum with the potential to go permanent.
Raising journals and journal entry.
Supplier and creditor queries
Credit card statement processing.
Authorising site supplier payments via online banking.
Monthly accruals and pre-payments.
Bank reconciliations and adjustments.
For more information please call Amy Ratcliffe on 01223 462857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finance Assistant Job, for an Insurance firm.
I am currently recruiting for a new job/role as a Finance Assistant, to assist the current Finance Manager of a local Insurance company near to Epping. The company offer a friendly environment and are looking for someone to join their established accounts department which looks after the finances for 5 Separate businesses.
At this organisation you will get the chance to experience all facets of the insurance business with a hands on working experience in all areas including purchase ledger, sales ledger and banking regulations.
This job would be the perfect opportunity for someone with an Insurance background, who has a competent knowledge of Sage line 50 and experience in bookkeeping.
The Duties of the job as an insurance Finance Assistant will include;
* Sales and purchase ledgers
* Credit control
* Cashbook positings
* Bank reconciliations
* Issuing statements
* Other ad-hoc accounting duties
To apply for this exciting new job role, please submit a copy of your most recent CV for consideration.