Benefits of Contracting
Flexible working a great way to upskill your career
Contracting / interim assigments are often unfairly seen as an inferior choice when compared to permanent work. In fact these interim opportunities offer a host of benefits which can make it a preferable choice for many jobseekers.
Benefits of temping include:
- Giving you greater control over your working life – you can choose if and when you would like to work as well as for which companies.
- Allowing you to work and experience different companies, industries, working cultures and management styles all in a relatively short period of time.
- Giving you the chance to test yourself in different working environments and work out your relative strengths and weaknesses.
- Providing the chance to develop new skills through exposure to different systems and processes.
- If you're unsure what direction you want to take your career in then temping can provide you with the opportunity to work flexibly until you can make a decision.
- Temping might be a way to get to work for a desirable company when no permanent positions exist. By getting a foot in the door you will be well placed to apply for a permanent position when one becomes available.
- Employers often use temping as a way to assess a person's suitability and compatibility for a particular role. Temp to perm positions are a popular method of long term assessment for employers.
How to be a successful Temp
There is no real secret to being a good temporary employee, temps are judged mainly by the same criteria that permanent employees are. If you work hard and get your tasks done then you will be well regarded and often asked to return for future assignments.