Sir Alec Reed opened the first REED office in Hounslow, West London on 7th May 1960. In the early 1960s, he pioneered specialist recruitment services, a move which fundamentally changed the UK recruitment market.
Today, REED is the UK’s #1 recruitment business. We have grown organically, rather than by acquisition, and we are committed to ensuring that people are at the heart of everything we do.
Why recruit with REED?
- You work with the UK’s #1 recruitment brand
- You access the UK’s largest candidate database
- You tap into expertise across 20 specialist sectors
- You get the longest guarantees in the market
Our vision and values
Our vision is to deliver the best recruitment experience anywhere, through Human Energy, Market Expertise, Great Technology and Service Excellence.
We achieve this vision by living our values every day:
- We are fair, open and honest
- We take ownership
- We work together
Charity and the environment
We like to say we work for charity one day a week, with 18% of REED owned by the Reed Foundation.
The Reed Foundation has provided seed funding for a number of charities including Ethiopiaid, Womankind and Women at Risk. Founded by Sir Alec Reed in 2007, the Big Give has helped to raise over £100 million for UK-registered charities.
In 2005, we became the UK's first major recruitment company to go CarbonNeutral®, and we have maintained this status ever since.
Accreditations and awards
We continuously strive to exceed industry expectations and have received a number of accreditations and awards. These demonstrate that we have reached a particularly high standard in quality that has been independently reviewed and verified by external bodies.
The REED Group
Other key business areas of the REED Group include:
- reed.co.uk – the UK’s #1 job site, helping over 7 million job seekers with their search for work every month
- Reed in Partnership – one of the first private welfare-to-work providers in the UK, supporting people and communities across the UK
You can find out more about the REED Group at reed.com.